It's a strange world. Last night, I attended my first Vancouver MySQL meetup. This morning, my google reader is filled with news that Sun is buying MySQL.
We met at the Milestone's on Robson. At the peak of the evening, there were 8 people out. I think the goal of the meetup was to talk about clustering, but we never got around to it. People were mostly introducing themselves, talking about their backgrounds and what they were working on.
I suppose that's the problem when you do something like this at a restaurant. This was my second meetup, the first was the Ruby meetup on in December. I think that if you want to have a specific technical discussion you should start with a presentation in a meeting room, then move elsewhere for food.
That being said, I was happy with how the meetup went, and plan to attend the February meeting. It's a good group with a wide range of experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment